This past week we all went on vacation (in shifts since we all cannot leave the cows). Tim, the kids and I got to go the second half of the week. After the blistering heat, we were ready for a beach and a cold Northern Wisconsin lake.
While on vacation we made this super yummy and juicy beer can chicken on the grill.
- 1 Zweber Farms pasture raised chicken
- 1 can Leinenkugel Summer Shandy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- Heat your grill for indirect heat. While your grill is heating up, drink half of your beer. You will also want to place a drip pan under where you will place the chicken.
- Rub your chicken with the olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Place the beer in the cavity of the chicken. Then carefully place your chicken on the grill.
- Cover the grill and cook for about an hour to an hour and a half.
- We also added hickory wood chips to our coals, but they are not necessary.
- Your chicken is done when a meat thermometer reads 175 degrees in the thigh.
Make sure to check out what other Hunk Of Meat contributors are cooking up this week
Let me know how you like this new recipe format. I am trying this new plugin.