My friend Nicole just moved into a new home and yesterday when I went to visit her I brought her some eggs and a whole chicken as a house warming gift. Now Nicole is one of my friends who doesn’t cook, good thing her boyfriend is a chef.
She was asking me how to cook the chicken and I thought of this simple recipe. So Nicole this easy and healthy recipe is for you. You can also find it on our recipe page.
Roasted Chicken with Artichoke Hearts: by Emily
- 1 Zweber Farms whole chicken cut into six pieces
- 2 cans artichoke hearts
- lemon juice
- Place chicken pieces on an aluminum foil lined jelly roll pan. Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain artichoke cans and place artichokes around chicken
- sprinkle with 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Roast in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 and roast for another 15 minutes
- Make sure internal temp of chicken reads 175 degrees
Link to other Hunk of Meat Monday Recipes
Zweber Farms is a 4th generation family operated organic dairy. We are proud Organic Valley farmer members and sell our milk under that label. We also specialize in sustainably raised beef, pork and chicken and sell it directly to customers in Minnesota.Visit our website to learn more, www.zweberfarms.com. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitterand YouTube.