Growing up, eating stuff shells was a holiday tradition on my mother’s side of the family. My Italian Grandma Baregi would make homemade ravioli and stuff shells each Christmas. She still makes them each year and it is not Christmas without them. She just recently, allowed my mother and one of my aunts in on the baking too. It is sacred event in our family.
Since I have not been invited into the inner circle of Baregi women to know the secret recipe, I have to stumble along making them my own way. My version is no where close to Grandma’s, but it received rave reviews from Tim.
Emily’s Pork Sausage Stuff Shells
- 1lb Zweber Farm ground pork (with Italian seasoning)
- 1 box Jumbo Shells
- 1 four cups tomato sauce or 2 cans seasoned with Italian herbs or garlic
- When I make my own sauce I don’t bother seeding or peeling, just blend in food processor
- 1 container Organic Valley Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Organic Valley shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Organic Valley eggs
- Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Brown pork sausage and drain fat. Add sausage to tomato sauce and heat through. Add salt/pepper/herbs to taste.
- Mix Ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs in bowl.
- Stuff shells with cheese mixture and place in 9×13 pan.
- Pour sausage/sauce mixture over shells
- Sprinkle with extra cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
- Enjoy with a large glass of Organic Valley milk
Tip: Makes sure all the shells are covered with sauce. This will prevent them from becoming chewy.
Our first batch of pork is ready now for custom order. Please call Lisa today at 952-461-3428. She will walk you through the process. To check out available cuts visit our website. By buying meat in bulk you can save money and feed your family healthy meats without the worry. You will never view grocery store meat the same after you try ours.
Zweber Farms is a 4th generation family operated organic dairy. We are proud Organic Valley farmer members and sell our milk under that label. We also specialize in sustainably raised beef, pork and chicken and sell it directly to customers in Minnesota.Visit our website to learn more, www.zweberfarms.com