Recently, Tim has been in charge of making lunch. He is not a simple sandwich guy and since that is what I make for lunch, he has taken over the midday menu. This is what he made from some leftover pork roast. It was delicious!
Sweet and Sour Pork Stir Fry (with green beans)
- 1 cup rice cooked in chicken broth
- 1.5 pounds leftover pork roast -slice to 1/4 inch by1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 2 cups green beans (fresh or frozen)
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Brown pork in olive oil in wok over high heat
- Remove porkfrom wok
- Add green beans -steam beans if frozen or just stir fry if fresh with water to soften
- Add pork back into wok and also add cooked rice
- Stir in sweet and sour sauce, soy sauce and red pepper flakes
We ate this so fast we almost forgot to take a picture! If he keeps cooking like this he is officially hired for all midday meals
Make sure you don’t miss any of our delicious recipes. Subscribe to our website (upper left hand corner).