Last week when I was shopping at Just Food in Northfield, I bought a spaghetti squash to try. I love squash of all kinds and thought it intriguing that the flesh when baked looks like noodles. After, doing some quick searches for recipes on the internet, I formed a simple yet tasty recipe using the spaghetti squash and Zweber Farms ground pork.
- 1- 4lb spaghetti squash
- 1lb Zweber Farms ground pork (Italian style)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 tomatoes pureed or 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 sweet pepper chopped
- 1 cup shredded Organic Valley cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds and pulp. Bake rind side up for 25-35 minutes.
- While squash is baking, chop onion, pepper and mushrooms
- Brown pork sausage in skillet then add onion, pepper, mushrooms and 1/3 cup of tomato puree or spaghetti sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes
- When squash is done, take it out of the oven (leave oven on) and let it cool for 5 minutes. Then scrape out flesh into a large mixing bowl. Add sausage mixture and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Place into baking dish and top with additional cheese
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes
- Take out of oven and let rest for 10 minutes
Serve with crunchy garlic bread topped with Organic Valley butter and a tall glass of Organic Valley milk.
I hope you enjoy. Need some pork sausage? Call us today to order a half or quarter of a hog. We have a few spaces left, but they will not last long. Call: 952-461-3428 or visit the Zweber Farms website for details.
I am going to start reorganizing my recipes on this page. There are lot within the posts that have never made it to the “Recipe” page. How would you like to see them arranged? By time, ingredient, meal, etc? Please let me know by commenting below. Your suggestions are really helpful.
I have problems myself with organizing my blog, so no suggestions there. I do think this looks super tasty!