It is that time of year again where people are searching for glazed ham recipes for their Easter celebrations. If you have a Zweber Farms humanely, raised ham in your freezer, you are in good shape. Our hams are delicious and juicy. Remember if your ham is smoked (unless you specified fresh hams, it is), it is ready to eat out of the freezer. Most people prefer their hams warm and with a few added flavors. I loved glazed ham, but don’t like recipes that are overly sweet. This recipe is has a tangy sweet flavor. Just perfect for Easter.
Here is a super easy and tasty glazed ham recipe and that will
Zweber Farms Easter Glazed Ham:
- 3-5 pound Zweber Farms smoked ham
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 orange ( zest and juice)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Make sure your ham is defrosted (place it on a plate in the refrigerator overnight)
- Melt honey in the microwave (about 20 seconds) and spread on all sides of the ham
- Mix mustard, brown sugar and orange zest together. Rub the mixture on the ham
- Mix the apple cider vinegar and orange juice, pour over the ham gently. Make sure to not splash off much of the rub.
- Place your ham cut side down in roasting plan. Follow the USDA guidelines for cooking your ham.
- Baste your ham about every 30 minutes with the juices in the pan.
- The ham is done when the internal temperature is 145 degrees.
This glazed ham turned out beautifully! All our kids asked for seconds; even 9 month old Hannah. We served this ham with roasted broccoli, honey cornbread, and big glasses of Organic Valley milk. But of course on Easter you will want to include your favorite side dishes.