Breakfast has to be my favorite meal of the day. On Sundays, we usually go all out. After Mass we come home and make a big brunch: eggs, fruit, coffee, tea, and either pancakes, waffles or french toast. Today, we made french toast. French toast is very easy and hard to screw up, but there are ways to put a little zip into it without much effort. This is my “secret” formula for easy french toast
Easy French Toast
- 6 Zweber Farms free range eggs
- 3 tablespoons Organic Valley milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (grate your own, you will not regret it)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 slices of bread (don’t worry about having french bread, I usually just use what I have)
- 1 tablespoon Organic Valley butter
Mix the first six ingredients well. Soak the slices of bread for 30-90 seconds on each side in the egg mixture.
Melt butter in a large fry pan on medium heat. Brown bread on each side.
Want an even easier french toast? Just soak the bread in Organic Valley Eggnog.
Our hens are on a roll again, so stop on by and pick a dozen (or two or three) of eggs. Our eggs sell for $3/dozen
If you are looking for another breakfast recipe check out my Egg Bake recipe. Make it a Christmas tradition this year.