I have gotten to the comfort level in my cooking that I no longer “follow” recipes. Sure I still look them up for ideas, but that is usually as far as it goes. This past week I made a super easy ground beef chili. I could have called it Kitchen sink chili, because nearly everything went in it besides the kitchen sink.
Easy Ground Beef Chili:
- 2 lbs Zweber Farms ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 chili pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 10 ripe plum tomatoes sliced
- 2 cups dry red kidney or black beans soaked
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef and onion together. Drain only if there is a lot of juice (if you use Zweber Farms beef you probably won’t need to drain)
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to boil and let simmer for at least an hour. When beans are soft the chili is done.
- Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Top with Organic Valley sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.