If you are looking for a healthy oatmeal almond cookie recipe, this is not it. But if you are looking for the most wonderful tasting oatmeal almond cookie recipe, you have found the right place.
This recipe is a combination of two of my favorite recipes because of course I didn’t have all the ingredients for either at the time I wanted to bake.
Oatmeal Almond Cookie Recipe
- 3 sticks (1.5 cups) Organic Valley butter-softened
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)
- 4 Zweber Farms free range eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup slivered almonds slightly crushed
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 cups oatmeal
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing completely between each egg
- Mix in the almond extract
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, almonds, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Slowing mix the flour mixture into the sugar mixture
- Stir in the oatmeal.
- Bake the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 12 minutes.
These cookies will go fantastically with a tall glass of Organic Valley milk.