Please don’t tell my Italian mother and grandmother about this quick and easy chicken cacciatore. They would for sure chase me with a wooden spoon. This chicken cacciatore is not traditional, but it sure is flavorful and only takes about 3o minutes to make.
This dish was inspired by a few ingredients in the fridge, a hungry family and no time to spare. In fact, I was certain it wasn’t going to turn out so I didn’t take any pictures until the end.
Quick Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 3 cups roasted Zweber Farms chicken chopped.
- 1 tablespoon Organic Valley butter
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 28 oz can whole peeled organic tomatoes (or about 4 small frozen tomatoes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pot or pan on the stove top.
- Saute chicken with onion, garlic, basil and oregano for a few minutes until the chicken starts to brown.
- Add tomatoes and chop up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
- Bring mixture to a gentle boil, cover, lower the temperature and simmer for about twenty minutes.
- As the mixture is simmering make polenta.
Quick Polenta recipe
- Bring to boil 2 cups water, 1/2 cup milk and 1 cup coarse ground corn meal.
- Whisk continuously for 10-15 minutes. The mixture will become creamy.
- Mix in spices to taste.
Serve you quick chicken cacciatore on top of the polenta. Tosh up a Caesar salad and add a glass of Organic Valley milk for a healthy meal.
This was a very yummy and most importantly quick meal. You can tell your Twitter friends, but don’t tell my Grandma Baregi!