My friend Nicole just moved into a new home and yesterday when I went to visit her I brought her some eggs and a whole chicken as a house warming gift. Now Nicole is one of my friends who doesn’t cook, good thing her boyfriend is a chef.
She was asking me how to cook the chicken and I thought of this simple recipe. So Nicole this easy and healthy recipe is for you. You can also find it on our recipe page.
Roasted Chicken with Artichoke Hearts: by Emily
- 1 Zweber Farms whole chicken cut into six pieces
- 2 cans artichoke hearts
- lemon juice
- Place chicken pieces on an aluminum foil lined jelly roll pan. Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain artichoke cans and place artichokes around chicken
- sprinkle with 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Roast in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 and roast for another 15 minutes
- Make sure internal temp of chicken reads 175 degrees
Link to other Hunk of Meat Monday Recipes
Zweber Farms is a 4th generation family operated organic dairy.